Insecurities

It might sound a tad crazy
it might sound a little mad,
sharing my load of insecurities with you
might make you sad.
I don't know where to start from
I don't know where it ends,
My load of insecurities
Makes my mind twist and bend.
I will start with my body
ugly, fat and scarred
mockery, taunt and teasing
words bitter it's heard.
Let's shift to baritones
Insecurities regarding how I sound.
"Hush!" said, everybody
"Do you realise that you are being loud!".
Insecurity number three is my food habits
A glutton I am!
Eating a lot while my friends judge me
Stuffing my face with chicken and ham.
Number four is the way I sit,
Not ladylike
Some say I am too manly
"Khali's lookalike".
The list of insecurities goes on on
I question my hair texture, the colour of the skin,
my achievements and intellect
and I feel like a moron.
Inferiority complex is an addiction,
and insecurities is the drug that feeds it.
The more I feel insecure
The more I take the hit.
I have exposed myself to you,
revealing my fear, my insecurity.
Help me find a home in you,
be my sense of security.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular post