Remember me

Will you keep my letters neatly stacked in folders
binning them according to months or type?
Will you read them over and over again,
when you miss me and you want to hold me tight?
Will you forget me within months,
deleting all my texts with a click of hand?
Or will you hold on to them,
even when time passes like the sand?
Will you think of me when you watch the rain
or when you cycle around the deserted road?
Will you remember the way I giggled
when in the glasses the red wine flowed?
Will you remember the taste of my lips
and the warmth of my tight embrace?
Or will I be just lost in oblivion?
Erased from your life without a trace?
I hope you remember waking up next to me,
cuddling in the morning sun,
the way you looked into the depth of my eyes
and promised me that I am the "one".
Don't let me fade away with time,
don't forget our favorite song.
Hold on to the memories we made,
even if you are right and I am wrong.

Comments

Popular post