The Introvert

I sat staring at the horizon
Waiting for the azure blue sky to be painted in a shade of
blood red.
They sat staring at me
In a group of four.
I looked at them. Once, twice, a million times.
Ever so coyly, calibrating my nervous gaze to never meet
theirs.
They tried to hide their vices behind the cacophony of their
laughs and chirps.
But I could read the mockery in their judgemental eyes.
“The introvert” they branded me.
They avoided me because being introverted is a disease.
Contagious one I guess.
While the dictionary defines me as “a shy, reticent
person”.
Boring, Stalker, Nerd, Unsocial are synonymous to
introvert, they believed.
While they were busy gossiping about me and a hundred
others.
I stared blankly at the setting sun.
Finding my peace in quietness.
Finding my solace in an unknown world beyond the
horizon.
Finding Myself in being “The introvert”.

Comments

Popular post